A lot of thought and testing goes behind the scenes during the design process of my products. I personally use new designs before making more for sale to make sure they can withstand everyday use. This explains why rings and bracelets are not on my catalog...yet.
Ceramics are incredibly durable as they can survive being fired several times at over 1000 degrees temperature before they are ready for use. However, they are not indestructible. Because of the tiny size of most of our creations, any heavy contact with hard surfaces may scratch or shatter them upon impact. On top of that, the glaze coating is a very thin layer of glass that can chip off or break into tiny pieces if you drop it on a very hard surface.
In order to lengthen the life of your ceramic piece, please consider the following:
- These pieces are fragile, please handle with care.
- Take it off when active.
- Take it off when sleeping.
- Keep it away from chemicals. Avoid using perfumes when in use.
- Remove when in water, do not use in the shower or when swimming.
- Avoid contact with rough or hard surfaces.
- When not in use, store in a soft-lined box.
- To clean, gently wipe with a soft jewelry cloth. You can also use warm, soapy water and a soft cloth for a deeper clean.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or polishing cloths.